5 SEC REVIEW | SLEEPING DOGS 2024

SLEEPING DOGS - 2024

Stars: Russell Crowe, Karen Gillan, Marton Csokas, Harry Greenwood, Tommy Flanagan, Lynn Gilmartin and Elizabeth Blackmore



"Sometimes it's best to just let sleeping dogs lie."

It's been a while since I've watched a good crime thriller movie that really challenged my deductive reasoning skills so Sleeping Dogs is like a breath of fresh crime scene. :) Things like this usually starts with a murder or a cold case file but this one started in the middle of things and with one retired detective who is suffering from memory loss as a side-effect of an experimental medical procedure, poking around into an old closed murder case file that he was involved in years ago. To maybe somehow help prove the innocence of a man who's death sentence is about to be served and at the same time help himself with his medical condition. The pacing and storytelling were impeccable. They could've chosen a better actor for the role of Laura Baines other than Karen Gillan though. Don't get me wrong, I like Gillan but she was just not the one I'd choose for this role if I was the one casting it. Her personality and demeanor is just too way off and I think, not even her best acting could change that. The ending was a killer! Although I kinda pieced all the puzzles together right in the middle of the film. 

This film was based on a novel called "The Book of Mirrors" 

4/5 

#5SecReview

Comments