For The Sake of Beautiful Memories and Wonderful Stories

Whoa! That was fast! Two weeks have passed already and I have never even had my fill of Halloween treats yet.

No really, it's already the 14th of November and I am still hoping for some Halloween feels 'cause I didn't get any. It's like the stuff don't exist anymore - you know that feeling when you first learned that Santa is not the one giving you gifts on Christmas morn? That's how it is this year.

Well anyway, I did get some early Christmas treats. I was able to meet international Broadway star Lea Salonga two Fridays ago.


And then it dawned on me that very same day that I have already met a lot of different famous personalities since I started attending blogging events 6 years ago - June 23, 2010 to be exact. I have also been to a lot of places in and outside Mega Manila, places I have never thought that I'll be able to go to.

The last 6 years have been a whirlwind of events and activities that I have never thought of it as something that is truly an important part of my life. What seems to be like work (kind'a) are awesome memories that needs to be cherished.

So I decided to make a personal catalog of everything (I hope) - and publish it here or on Wattpad, I haven't decided yet. The tricky part is that while most of my activities are chronicled either here on this blog or at rainCHECK (my Lifestyle blog), some are not properly labeled or documented. 

Unlike other online media, I didn't think that taking photos together with people that I meet is a necessary part of a coverage or an interview. The result is that I only have around 20% photos of me with the famous personalities that I've personally talked to in the past 6 years. Bummer!

Now I know why it's important! :)


I love taking pictures but I am however not that comfortable with having my own picture taken. I am also not that fond of taking selfies or groufies - I try but... well okay I'll try.

I remember interviewing Direk Wenn V. Deramas for the film "Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy" three years ago. I remembered him crying during the interview while explaining to the bloggers the beautiful message of the movie. I have a video of that interview posted on YouTube and on my blog www.raindeocampo.com - Direk Wenn died this year on February 29. Here is our picture together taken in 2013. 

For the sake of beautiful memories and wonderful stories to tell. I'll try.   

Comments