Thank You 2016

Saying GOODBYE and THANK YOU to 2016 and welcoming the new year with more FAITH, HOPE and LOVE!

Like what the priest said during last Sunday's homily,
"We wish each other a Happy New Year because however unfortunate or troublesome the past year was, the first day of the new year is always a symbol of hope and also a gift of another chance from our creator. To right the wrongs, to make amends and to work on being a better person in the years to come."
And that's more than enough reason for us to celebrate the new year and to wish everyone a happy 2017!

But first, here's another look at what happened to MY 2016!
  • It's an election year and I was able to personally talk with two Senatorial candidate (Mark Lapid, Francis Tolentino), one VP candidate (Gringo Honasan) and a Presidentiable (Boboy Syjuco). I also attended a star-studded endorsement meeting for Liberal party standard bearer Mar Roxas. But of course, PDU30 won the election.
  • I started the year also with an ugly ankle sprain that got me crippled for almost three weeks. My Chinese horoscope actually warned me about being prone to accidents last year - My animal sign is an Ox. And speaking about accidents, my Acer laptop also got a nasty one when my bag strap snapped after an event in BGC. The laptop is still working but the casing is already scrap metal.
  • Took a quickie staycation at Island Cove, Aquaria, Club Balai Isabel and a couple of other resorts in the South. I also got invited to a Vigan and Bukidnon trip but sadly I wasn't able to join.
  • I went on another solo pilgrimage and visited two of the oldest churches in Cavite. 
  • It was also a milestone for my kiddos as they both graduated and shifted school this year. Sky moved from STA to Paco Catholic School for her middle school education while Neo is now a proud Senior High Student at St. Paul University Manila after graduating from Junior High at St. Joseph Pandacan.
  • I also got me a couple of cool gadgets this year like the Fuji Instax Camera, a lot of awesome sound gears, a smart watch from Acer, VR gears, power banks, smartphones and many others.
  • I was able to meet a lot of celebrities also this year but the highlights of my year in entertainment is of course meeting Lea Salongga in person for the first time and being invited to the house of Dingdong, Jessa and Jayda Avanzado for a private Christmas party.
  • My blog www.raindeocampo.com was also nominated as a finalist to the Lagawan Blogger of the Year awards.
I have met a lot of new people this year, went to a lot of places and discovered a lot of things about myself and other things.

But probably the most memorable of all would be two things:
  1. My first Taal Lake Boat Ride & Taal Volcano adventure trek, and;
  2. Watching Neo in his first stage play performance.
Overall. it was indeed a great year! So, thank you 2016 and may God bless everyone in 2017! 

Comments