A NEW EDSA, NOW PLEASE


This is a very interesting news development that I gathered from Inquirer. And I think, it's one of the most long-awaited city proposals for Mega Manila - quite frankly, I am astounded that it is just now that they have taken interest in this. Anyway, I am still glad that they did.

According to the report, DPWH Secretary Rogelio Singson said on Monday that they are looking into the possibility of creating a new EDSA (Epifanio De Los Santos Avenue). When I first saw the tweet about this, I re-tweeted it by saying (and without reading the thread) - "is it going to be on top or below the old one coz what the people need is a new way around the metro and not a newly face-lifted (beautified) old one."

Apparently, after reading the reports on Inquirer News - Secretary Singson said that they were looking at either putting an “elevated” expressway or a tunnel to decongest the traffic. :) - and I think that's the only real options they got.

I hope that they'd push through with this project, no matter the cost because millions of people and businesses will benefit from this. To give you an example of a near impossible city project that materialized, please read my post MY TWO CENTS, FOR THE RAINY SEASON.

Another great project that is very much long overdue is the Metro Manila-Cavite LRT.

Let's go Philippines! Move! Move! Move!

Comments